The Athens Parent-Teacher Organization is dedicated to the support of a quality educational experience for the district's students. Through the funding of a variety of programs at Cantrall Elementary, Cantrall Intermediate and Athens Junior High School, the Athens PTO has been a contributor in the enrichment of the educational experience in the district.
Next Meeting for 2012-2013 School year is on Tuesday, March 19 from 6:15 PM until 7:00 PM at Cantrall Elementary School. "Meet the Candidate Night" will take place at 7:00 following the PTO meeting.
**Box Tops for Education
The final submission date for Box Tops is March 1st for the 2012-2013 school year. Please send in any Box Tops that you have at home by February 25 so we can get them counted and sent in prior to the deadline. Thank you!!!
The date for the Family Dance has been changed to March 2, 2013 from 6 pm to 8 pm in the CES gym. Admission to the dance is one canned good item for donation to the Athens Food Pantry.
We will also be painting at the dance this year. The PTO would like to add to the painted tiles in the CES cafeteria and finish another wall. We will have tiles, paint, and many helpers during the dance to assist you in creating the one-of-a-kind masterpieces. The cost of the tile is $5.00
If you have suggestions, comments, or great new ideas for the PTO, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Please click below to see a list of all PTO dates involving meetings and special events.
**All meetings begin at 6:15
Please click on the link below for an easy form to add any box tops you collect for the schools and PTO.
The Athens PTO has historically has notable success at raising funds to support the groups activities, thanks in no small part to the support of the area, local communities and the families of students and staff. Thanks to those efforts, the PTO was able to provide in recent years:
- Renewal subscriptions to Study Island, an interactive web-based study tool;
- Books for the libraries in all facilities
- Field trips for hundreds of students to facilities and events such as:
- St. Louis Science Center
- Scovill and Henson Robinson Zoos
- A backstop constructed just north of the Cantrall Intermediate school ;
- Playground matts beneath the swings to improve safety and reduce wear;
- Magazine subscriptions, selected by individual teachers to support their respective curriculums;
- Teacher allowances, providing staff and teachers with support to acquire needed supplies for their classrooms;
- A variety of supplies for use by all school staff, such as the Ellison Machine, paper and laminating supplies;